When it comes to cutting calories from your diet, there are plenty of easy and practical ways to do so. Here are a few from us at Taake Insurance Agency to help get you started here in the Columbia, IL area:
1. Eat more fruits and vegetables- Fruits and vegetables are naturally low in calories and can be a great way to fill up without overloading calories. Make sure to aim for at least five servings per day!
2. Skip sugary drinks- Sugary beverages like soda, energy drinks, and juices can add lots of extra empty calories to your day. Opt for water or unsweetened teas instead.
3. Limit processed foods- Processed foods tend to be higher in calories than whole foods, so try to opt for these healthier options as much as possible.
4. Watch your portion sizes- It’s important to remember that even healthy food can have too many calories if you overeat! Try using smaller plates when eating to make sure you’re not overeating.
5. Don’t skip meals or snacks- Skipping meals or snacks forces your body into starvation mode, which can cause you to gain weight instead of lose it! Ensure you’re eating regularly throughout the day to stay full and energized while still managing your calorie intake.
By following these simple tips, you will be well on your way toward cutting calories from your diet efficiently and sustainably! For more health tips, call us at Taake Insurance Agency today. We proudly serve the Columbia, IL area and want to help you lead a healthy life.