Will injuries on my pets be covered by home insurance?

Will home insurance cover injuries on my pets?

Pets are part of our lives, and we want to protect them from any accident. But having a pet in our condo, rentals, or homes increases their risk of damage and accidents. Most insurance agencies give liability coverage if your pet gets injured.

As a homeowner, I’m interested to know what coverage is under my home insurance cover. I’m worried about having coverage for my pets if they get injured, damage my property, or injure my guests.

It’s with no doubt some incidents could be hazardous and expensive if a lawsuit is involved. Different insurance agencies have a unique policy, so pet owners should call their insurers in advance to see what sorts of pet coverage they will get.

Great news for residents of Columbia IL, Taake Insurance Agency, provide liability coverage for your pets. It’s important to understand that home insurance covers bodily injury liability and property damage liability for your pets.

  • Property damage liability:

If your pet escapes and ends up stomping on or destroying another person’s property, your home insurance policy will cover you. Home insurance will cover the expenses to fix the property damaged and any lawful charges from an expected lawsuit claim.

  • Injury liability:

Suppose your pet injures a visitor on your property, or your carry your pet with you to another person’s home, and your pet injures tenants there. In that case, your home insurance policy gives coverage to the injuries incurred. Your insurance policy will repay you for charges relating to clinical payments if the injury is awful enough to require a clinic visit and cover lawful expenses if a lawsuit is issued. Here legal charges will cover your lawyer, court expenses, and any settlements you’re requested to pay if the argument rules against you.

Start your journey towards a successful insurance plan for your home by giving us a call at Taake Insurance Agency in Columbia, IL.