If you’re a new driver in Columbia, IL, buying insurance may seem confusing at first, but it’s not so tricky once you wrap your head around it. There are just a few things you’ll need to keep in mind:
- "Full coverage" breaks down into three basic categories: Liability, which covers the damages if someone else suffers injury or property loss and you are held responsible, collision, which includes your car in the event of a collision, and comprehensive, which covers your vehicle if it is damaged outside of a traffic accident.
- Liability is required by law for all motorists. Comprehensive and collision are optional, but necessary if you want your car to be covered.
- Prices can vary wildly. The same policy may cost two, three times as much from one insurer to the next. You’ll want to shop around and compare quotes. At Taake Insurance Agency, we can help by comparing a lot of different offers for you.
- Ask about discounts. A first-time insurance-buyer is going to spend more than someone who’s been on the road for a few years, but discounts can make a big difference.
- Higher deductibles mean lower premiums. You don’t want a deductible that’s higher than you can pay at a moment’s notice, but a higher deductible will have you paying less from month to month.
If you have any questions, give us a call at Taake Insurance Agency, and let’s see what we can do for you. We can help drivers in Columbia, IL get a good deal on an excellent policy, whether you’ve been driving for years or you’re just getting started. So call, send an email, or stop by our offices.